Explore cave paintings in this 360° animated cave - Iseult Gillespie
Want to watch this again later?
How to view this TED-Ed animated 360° video:
If you have access to a Google Cardboard viewer and a smart phone:
1. Open this video in the YouTube app on your phone.
2. Hit pause on the video.
3. Tap the 3 vertical dots on the top right corner of the view window. This will slide up a sub-menu where you will choose the quality setting of your video stream. Choose "2160s." Note that if you are not streaming over Wifi, YouTube will only allow "720s" quality.
4. Tap on the “Cardboard viewer” icon on the bottom row of the video window (it looks like a mask). This will present the video full screen in prep for the Cardboard viewer.
5. The screen is now divided into 2 halves, separated by a thin white line that runs halfway up the screen. Make sure to rotate your phone so that this thin line is coming from the bottom of the screen. This ensures proper stereoscopic depth.
6. Insert your phone into the Cardboard viewer and press play. The video will begin. Enjoy!
If you do not have access to a Cardboard or smart phone:
1. You can watch on your browser. Use your mouse to drag and explore the space above, below, and behind you. Enjoy!
View full lesson: https://ed.ted.com/lessons/explore-ca...
The paintings of our ancestors have been preserved in caves all over the world; the oldest we’ve found were made up to 40,000 years ago. What do these images tell us about the ancient human mind and the lives of their creators? In this special 360° TED-Ed animation, explore an ancient cave and its surroundings as Iseult Gillespie shares a brief history of cave paintings.
Lesson by Iseult Gillespie, directed by Lippy.
Check out our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/teded
Thank you so much to our patrons for your support! Without you this video would not be possible.
Ryan Mehendale, Mary Sawyer, Katie Winchester, Michel Reyes, Dominik Kugelmann, Siamak H, Stephen A. Wilson, Dwight Tevuk, Manav Parmar, Jhiya Brooks, David Lucsanyi, Querida Owens, Fiona Prince, Scott Gass, Anthony Kudolo, Nicole Heang, Mrinalini, Yanuar Ashari, Antero Semi, Ivan Todorović.
- Standard YouTube License
- How Restaurants Use Psychology to Make You Spend More Money - Duration: 6:27. SciShow Psych 646,784 views
- Why are these 32 symbols found in caves all over Europe | Genevieve von Petzinger - Duration: 12:06. TED 1,945,916 views
- Why is Vermeer's "Girl with the Pearl Earring" considered a masterpiece? - James Earle - Duration: 4:34. TED-Ed 1,032,764 views
- How to Study Way More Effectively | The Feynman Technique - Duration: 6:01. Freedom in Thought 784,860 views
- 528 videos Play all New TED-Ed OriginalsTED-Ed
- The Egyptian Book of the Dead: A guidebook for the underworld - Tejal Gala - Duration: 4:32. TED-Ed 1,161,963 views
- What's Actually Supposed to Happen When You Land on Free Parking - Duration: 8:23. Today I Found Out 5,222,659 views
- How did Polynesian wayfinders navigate the Pacific Ocean? - Alan Tamayose and Shantell De Silva - Duration: 5:32. TED-Ed 312,719 views
- What would happen if you didn’t drink water? - Mia Nacamulli - Duration: 4:52. TED-Ed 5,736,140 views
- Why incompetent people think they're amazing - David Dunning - Duration: 5:08. TED-Ed 1,485,058 views
- Loading more suggestions...